EXPOSING THE CRACKS IN BREAKING GROUND



***  My Google Review for BREAKING GROUND ***

   My experience was honestly horrible! My application was mishandled by the leasing agent, Miss Debra Dickie, who overlooked entire documents that were submitted to her in our initial correspondence. When she rejected my application (2 days before the deadline) she stated that I had not turned in key documents like my 2017 taxes as her reasoning for her decision. When I informed her that she overlooked them and that they were in fact in the initial message to her, she refused to look over it again and told me if I disagreed with her decision I had to appeal and “that was the last email she would be responding to”.
 
   She completely ignored my requests to speak with her supervisor / boss about this matter!
 
   During the appeal process with HPD, she sent over an incomplete file and withheld documents that she had been given initially by me before my deadline! This was made clear when in their rejection letter they cited the incorrect information! Information that they would have had if she had sent over a complete file.
   She went on to let me know via email that she informed HPD that she had made a “TYPO” on my original rejection letter and she apologized. A "typo" is misspelling something small a "typo" is not saying complete documents are missing and failing to read over everything that your given! One example: she only quoted the total from one page of year to date receipts for my gross income totally ignoring the other page that was directly in front of the page she quoted her total from! She then used that incorrect total as another reason she was rejecting my application in her rejection letter. So far that incorrect total that she stated was inconsistent with my CPA projected income for 2018 and by falsely stating my 2017 taxes were not included were 2 reasons for her rejecting my application! That’s not a typo and sadly that’s not all that she messed up on and falsely stated in my letter. All easily proven had she done her job and looked over the emails she had!
 
   Miss Dickie grossly mishandled my appeal and then attempted to cover her mistakes later on by intentionally withholding documents from the appeal process and down playing her mistakes to a typo! Instead of reviewing the application and supporting documents when I initially brought this to her attention a full 2 days before my deadline and doing her job!
   
   I’m writing this here because several attempts have gone ignored by Breaking Ground staff when I have asked who I need to file a formal complaint with at Breaking Ground!
 
   Hopefully someone there will see this and if not others will be aware and hopefully not have the experience I had. If your in a job that is meant to help people who are in need then asking that person to do the basics of their job should not be such an issue! If your not able or willing to do the bare minimum then you should not be doing that job! Especially when you are doing something as important as being the deciding factor in people’s housing!

****Response from the owner****
Hi Robert, thanks for taking the time to review us on Google. We're very sorry to hear that your experience with Breaking Ground did not live up to expectations. We'd like to hear more from you, and take the opportunity to learn from your experience. Please reach out to us at info@breakingground.org with the full details of your case (and, if possible, your Log #) at any time. The Breaking Ground Team

**** MY RESPONSE TO THE BREAKING GROUND TEAMS MESSAGE TO ME****
 
    I have already called, emailed and gone in to see her in person, I did that way before I got to the point of writing a google review! I have asked Mrs Debra Dickie directly for the name if her boss /supervisor when she initially refused to look over the documents that she was sent. She refused to answer the question via email. I went in person to Breaking Ground before my original deadline to see her in person and was told she would not meet with me. And I asked for her boss / supervisor to file a complaint & I was turned away by the receptionist and not given a name or contact. I emailed the email address you gave me here weeks ago. After giving my case number I have received nothing back, I have sent 4 follow up messages!  Now I’m contacting city council and the department who does your oversight since you receive financial assistance from the city. Discrimination, withholding information & lying to cover up mistakes during the appeal with HPD and failure to do her job.

https://goo.gl/maps/MPFaio3P5NM2

Comments